Subject: Re: Adding push configuration to .git/config

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:59:04 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I have to say that I slowly grow an antipathy for "git push" without 
>> parameters.  _All_ of the confusions with push that I saw stem from being 
>> too lazy to say where and what you want to push.
> 
> The same thing can be said for "fetch" by the way.

I disagree, since "fetch" at worst will auto-update the remote-tracking
branches only, while "push" may publish changes that are downright
wrong and never meant for publishing. What's worse is that fixing up
published history is a whole lot messier than it is to fix ones own
remote-tracking branches.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231