Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move all dashed form git commands to libexecdir

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:56:48 +0100

Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
> Okay, how many executables are there in your /usr/bin/?  Here there are 
> 2973.
> Guess what.  I am not intimidated by that number.

Good, and look in /usr/bin, all those 2973 binary are all disconnected.

Here we are speaking about a tool as a whole : Git.

And I agree that hiding some of them will probably help new comers. We
can also argue that a new comers should read some documentation :)

After all I'm not sure what's the right move !

At least let me say something constructive :) I'm a new comer to Git.
I've read many documentations before grabbing the system and I've not
been impressed by the number of binaries in /usr/bin... Because I've
almost never looked there. Most of the time I'm using "git <tab>" and
the bash completion feature is just right for me.

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595