Subject: Re: In future, to replace autotools by cmake like KDE4 did?

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:44:17 +0100

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> 
> Although there was some talk about whether giw should use autotools,
> or perhaps CMake, or handmade ./configure script like MPlayer IIRC,
> instead of its own handmade Makefile...
> 

To tell the truth, I'd be much happier if everything like that got
put in a header file or some such. 95% of what we figure out by looking
at "uname" output can already be learned by looking at the various
pre-defined macros.

Fortunately, there's a project devoted solely to this, so most of
the tedious research need not be done. It can be found at
http://predef.sourceforge.net/

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231