Subject: git-svn init from Avogadro SVN repo - deleted files showing

From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:24:40 -0500

Hi,

I am quite new to git and git-svn but have been using both for my 
development work recently. I imported the Avogadro subversion repository 
(hosted on Sourceforge) using the following commands,

git svn init -t tags -b branches -T trunk 
https://avogadro.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/avogadro

git svn fetch

The files avogadro.pro and README in the trunk/ directory appear in my 
imported git repository but not in Avogadro subversion trunk. We also 
had trunk/src/ and all its files/subdirectories appearing in the git 
checkout but not in subversion trunk. We deleted this using git and git 
svn which removed it from the git checkouts too after r858.

I have been talking to Peter who confirmed this and pointed out that the 
repo was reorganised several times in the past. Please CC me on replies 
as I am not on the list. There is a copy of my git repo at 
http://platinum.cryos.net/avogadro.git/ if you would rather skip the 
import. Other than that everything has been working great. It would be 
good to get rid of this bug if possible. Let me know if there is 
anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

Marcus