Subject: Re: Building git-1.5.3.7 on HP-UX 11.00

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:53:03 +0100

H.Merijn Brand schrieb:
> I have put the output of
> 
> % make -i test | & perl -ne'm/^\*\s+ok\s+\d+:/ or print' > git-make-test.log
> 
> on http://www.xs4all.nl/~procura/git-make-test.log
> 
> which leaves only the following tests as failures:
> 
> t3901-i18n-patch.sh        t4201-shortlog.sh            t5100-mailinfo.sh
> t5405-send-pack-rewind.sh  t5500-fetch-pack.sh          t5505-remote.sh
> t5510-fetch.sh             t5515-fetch-merge-logic.sh   t5516-fetch-push.sh
> t5520-pull.sh              t5600-clone-fail-cleanup.sh  t5700-clone-reference.sh
> t5701-clone-local.sh       t6002-rev-list-bisect.sh     t6003-rev-list-topo-order.sh
> t6022-merge-rename.sh      t6026-merge-attr.sh          t6200-fmt-merge-msg.sh
> t7003-filter-branch.sh     t9300-fast-import.sh         t9301-fast-export.sh
> t9500-gitweb-standalone-no-errors.sh
> 
> How close am I to success?

There are a number of tests that pass only if you have iconv, most notably
t3901 and t5100. pull, clone, merge, filter-branch are shell scripts with
plenty of opportunities to stumble over incompatible/unportable constructs.

-- Hannes