Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] [RFT] git-svn: more efficient revision -> commit mapping

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:42:01 +1300

Eric Wong wrote:
> Sam (or anybody else using useSvmProps:
> 
>   Do you have any feedback with svmProps enabled?

3682645  120 -rw-rw-r--   1 samv     samv       121893 Dec 13 14:05
tags/debian_version_1_2_0beta1@2972/.rev_db.d29f7b36-84ff-0310-85ce-ba787dbd31ca

 =>

-3683050    4 -rw-rw-r--   1 samv     samv           48 Dec 13 14:26
./tags/debian_version_1_2_0beta1@2972/.rev_map.d29f7b36-84ff-0310-85ce-ba787dbd31ca

git-log --all | grep git-svn | tail -3

    git-svn-id:
file:///home/samv/.svk/local/mirror/fai/branches/source-dist@2971
d29f7b36-84ff-0310-85ce-ba787dbd31ca
    git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/fai/trunk@2
ba5ec265-b0fb-0310-8e1a-cf9e4c2b1591
    git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/fai/trunk@1
ba5ec265-b0fb-0310-8e1a-cf9e4c2b1591

So, the remapping is still working fine.

The one that failed there is not a new bug.  Here's the fix anyway
though :-)

Subject: [PATCH] git-svn: fix --use-svm-props and --follow-parent

If, when using --follow-parent, it finds that the parent is an SVM
path, *and* the SVM path is not at the root of the corresponding SVN
repository (the usual case when using SVK), then the logic in
Git::SVN::ra will not find the correct source repository.  This is
because the freshly created RA object is missing the path.  So, set
this after creation.

Signed-off-by: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
---
 git-svn.perl |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/git-svn.perl b/git-svn.perl
index 54d7844..3e5fd82 100755
--- a/git-svn.perl
+++ b/git-svn.perl
@@ -2189,6 +2189,7 @@ sub find_parent_branch {
 		$ref_id .= '-' while find_ref($ref_id);
 		print STDERR "Initializing parent: $ref_id\n";
 		$gs = Git::SVN->init($new_url, '', $ref_id, $ref_id, 1);
+		$gs->{path} = $branch_from;
 	}
 	my ($r0, $parent) = $gs->find_rev_before($r, 1);
 	if (!defined $r0 || !defined $parent) {
-- 
1.5.3.5