Subject: Re: [PATCH] Teach git-gui to split hunks

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:03:18 +0100

Johannes Schindelin schrieb:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
>> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> For this to work, apply has to be called with --unidiff-zero, since
>>> the new hunks can start or stop with a "-" or "+" line.
>> You do not have to do "unidiff zero".  Suppose you have this hunk you
>> need to split.
>>
>> [describes to pick zero or more '-' lines and zero or more '+' lines]
> 
> I thought about that, but the UI is not trivial.  The UI for my solution 
> is.

It's probably sufficient to have an option "Stage this Line": Once you have
staged enough lines, the hunk will be split automatically by the current
number-of-context-lines setting.

-- Hannes