Subject: Re: git-send-email doesn't like me+git ML

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:54:29 +0100

Jing Xue wrote:
> OK, this is bewildering. I tried a couple of times sending a trivial
> patch (the one that makes git-stash show keep quiet when there aren't
> any stashes), but it never made it to the list every time I used
> git-send-email, yet as soon as I did it as a regular email, i.e.,
> starting a new message in mutt, pasting the patch into the body, and
> sending it, it worked just fine.
> 
> My mail log shows the mails (the one thru git-send-email) went out just
> fine.  And it always worked when I tried to use git-send-email to send
> the patch to my gmail address. It just doesn't work with the list - and
> that obviously can't be. 8-)
> 

I've had similar problems. I think it's actually a filtering issue on the
receiving end though, as some seem to see the mails on the list (while
most don't). Looking at the headers, I see the hostname of my laptop as
originating host when using git-send-email, which obviously will fail
for any receiving host that tries to connect back to verify that the
originating sender is indeed a real SMTP server.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231