Subject: Re: [PATCH] Teach diff machinery to display other prefixes than "a/" and "b/"

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:45:41 +0100

Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
> With the new option "--prefix=<prefix1>[:<prefix2>]" you can change
> the shown prefix, or suppress it (by specifying the empty string).

Why not ? But do you have a motivation for this change ? I mean why
would you want to use a completely different prefix ?

My change was only for format-patch as this is used to build patch that
some other tools can process. If we find a sensible usage for your
prefix option I'm all for it as this solves also my problem. It is just
that I think all options must have at least one usage :)

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595