Subject: Re: Problem with git-svn

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:34:22 +0100

Eric,

> Ah, oops, I was off-by-one with the revision number.  But git-svn does
> look to be doing the right thing here, because it followed history into
> /importfromcvs/trunk/ and file.el was part of it.

Yes part of it but before the creation of the /importfromcvs/trunk/ that
was moved later as /trunk/PROJ.

In /importfromcvs/trunk/ there was many projects imported. One per one,
each time moving it into /trunk/PROJ.

If I look at history of /trunk/PROJ:

   $ svn log svn+ssh://myserver/trunk/PROJ

The last revision is 45775, so I think git-svn should not look past this
revision. So I'm very surprised by the current behavior and think it is
a bug to import file.el at revision 9458. Note that the workaround for
me is to use:

   $ git svn clone svn+ssh://myserver/trunk/PROJ --revision=45775:HEAD

But it would be lot cleaner to have git-svn handling this properly I think.

Thanks,
Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595