Subject: [PATCH] Documentation: rename gitlink macro to linkgit

From: Dan McGee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:34:24 -0600

On 12/29/2007 10:24 AM, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 9:57 AM, Miklos Vajna <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> http://code.toofishes.net/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=b3c6bdda38f7e370e1f80f02a61f1d3f08c1b57d
>>
>> here is the commit that fixed the problem for pacman. what do you think,
>> should we rename gitlink to something else, too - or should we contact
>> upstream to notify them about they caused a breakage?
> 
> I've tried twice now to send a patch to the list...please let me know
> if it isn't working, because I am getting CCed on the send, and the
> mailing list address is set in the sendemail.to variable. I did notice
> that send-email doesn't even prompt you for confirmation of the
> default "to" address if you have this variable set, so I'm not sure if
> something weird is happening there.
> 
> -Dan

>>From 68bf426e810e732ff3f9f75ffcd69f777b538685 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Dan McGee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:20:38 -0600
Subject: [PATCH] Documentation: rename gitlink macro to linkgit

Between AsciiDoc 8.2.2 and 8.2.3, the following change was made to the stock
Asciidoc configuration:

@@ -149,7 +153,10 @@
 # Inline macros.
 # Backslash prefix required for escape processing.
 # (?s) re flag for line spanning.
-(?su)[\\]?(?P<name>\w(\w|-)*?):(?P<target>\S*?)(\[(?P<attrlist>.*?)\])=
+
+# Explicit so they can be nested.
+(?su)[\\]?(?P<name>(http|https|ftp|file|mailto|callto|image|link)):(?P<target>\S*?)(\[(?P<attrlist>.*?)\])=
+
 # Anchor: [[[id]]]. Bibliographic anchor.
 (?su)[\\]?\[\[\[(?P<attrlist>[\w][\w-]*?)\]\]\]=anchor3
 # Anchor: [[id,xreflabel]]

This default regex now matches explicit values, and unfortunately in this
case gitlink was being matched by just 'link', causing the wrong inline
macro template to be applied. By renaming the macro, we can avoid being
matched by the wrong regex.

Signed-off-by: Dan McGee <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/asciidoc.conf              |    8 +-
 Documentation/blame-options.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/cmd-list.perl              |    2 +-
 Documentation/config.txt                 |  126 +++++++++++++++---------------
 Documentation/cvs-migration.txt          |   10 +-
 Documentation/diff-options.txt           |    4 +-
 Documentation/everyday.txt               |   48 ++++++------
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-add.txt                |   16 ++--
 Documentation/git-am.txt                 |   16 ++--
 Documentation/git-annotate.txt           |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-apply.txt              |   12 ++--
 Documentation/git-archimport.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-archive.txt            |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-bisect.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-blame.txt              |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-branch.txt             |   12 ++--
 Documentation/git-bundle.txt             |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-cat-file.txt           |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-check-attr.txt         |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-check-ref-format.txt   |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-checkout-index.txt     |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt           |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-cherry-pick.txt        |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-cherry.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-citool.txt             |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-clean.txt              |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-clone.txt              |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-commit-tree.txt        |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-commit.txt             |   30 ++++----
 Documentation/git-config.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-count-objects.txt      |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-cvsexportcommit.txt    |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-cvsimport.txt          |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-cvsserver.txt          |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-daemon.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-describe.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-diff-files.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-diff-index.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-diff-tree.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-diff.txt               |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-fast-export.txt        |   12 ++--
 Documentation/git-fast-import.txt        |   18 ++--
 Documentation/git-fetch-pack.txt         |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt              |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-filter-branch.txt      |   16 ++--
 Documentation/git-fmt-merge-msg.txt      |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt       |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-fsck-objects.txt       |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-fsck.txt               |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-gc.txt                 |   14 ++--
 Documentation/git-get-tar-commit-id.txt  |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-grep.txt               |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-gui.txt                |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-hash-object.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-help.txt               |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-http-fetch.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-http-push.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-imap-send.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-index-pack.txt         |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-init-db.txt            |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-init.txt               |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-instaweb.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-log.txt                |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-lost-found.txt         |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-ls-files.txt           |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt          |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-ls-tree.txt            |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-mailinfo.txt           |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-mailsplit.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge-base.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge-file.txt         |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-merge-index.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge-one-file.txt     |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge-tree.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge.txt              |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-mergetool.txt          |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-mktag.txt              |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-mktree.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-mv.txt                 |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-name-rev.txt           |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt       |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-pack-redundant.txt     |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-pack-refs.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-parse-remote.txt       |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-patch-id.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-peek-remote.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-prune-packed.txt       |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-prune.txt              |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-pull.txt               |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-push.txt               |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-quiltimport.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-read-tree.txt          |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt             |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-receive-pack.txt       |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-reflog.txt             |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-relink.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-remote.txt             |   12 ++--
 Documentation/git-repack.txt             |   14 ++--
 Documentation/git-repo-config.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-request-pull.txt       |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-rerere.txt             |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-reset.txt              |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-rev-list.txt           |   20 +++---
 Documentation/git-rev-parse.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-revert.txt             |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-rm.txt                 |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-send-email.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-send-pack.txt          |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-sh-setup.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-shell.txt              |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-shortlog.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-show-branch.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-show-index.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-show-ref.txt           |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-show.txt               |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-stash.txt              |   10 +-
 Documentation/git-status.txt             |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-stripspace.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-submodule.txt          |    6 +-
 Documentation/git-svn.txt                |   12 ++--
 Documentation/git-symbolic-ref.txt       |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-tag.txt                |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-tar-tree.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-unpack-file.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-unpack-objects.txt     |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-update-index.txt       |   12 ++--
 Documentation/git-update-ref.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-update-server-info.txt |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-upload-archive.txt     |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-upload-pack.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-var.txt                |    8 +-
 Documentation/git-verify-pack.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-verify-tag.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-whatchanged.txt        |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-write-tree.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git.txt                    |   20 +++---
 Documentation/gitattributes.txt          |   10 +-
 Documentation/gitcli.txt                 |    2 +-
 Documentation/gitignore.txt              |    6 +-
 Documentation/gitk.txt                   |    6 +-
 Documentation/gitmodules.txt             |    6 +-
 Documentation/glossary.txt               |   18 ++--
 143 files changed, 460 insertions(+), 460 deletions(-)

Looks like the patch was bigger than I thought. Gzipped and attached if that is acceptable.