Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk: make Ctrl "+" really increase the font size

From: Stephan Hennig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:50:22 +0100

Johannes Schindelin schrieb:

>> > 	This is no bug in msysgit, but in gitk.
>> > 
>> > 	Paul, please apply.
>> 
>> The bug is still present in gitk that comes with Msysgit
> 
> If you are complaining about msysgit, please do not flood the git list 
> with your response.

You've pointed me to the git list, but since I actually made my
observations with Msysgit I kept that list copied.

> Besides, it is asking a little much after just 4 days for a patch to come 
> through no less than 4 different repositories: gitk -> git.git -> 
> mingw.git -> 4msysgit.git.

I didn't know that.  Since I couldn't find an entry in the list of
changes for Git 1.5.4 RC3 and both Git and Msysgit are labelled as RCs I
though instant feedback was the right thing.  Sorry for inconveniencing you.

> A patch that you could apply yourself easily, with the further benefit of 
> being able to added your "Tested-by:" line.
> 
> After all, I just worked for you, for free, and I expect something back.

Thanks!  Actually, I think reporting bugs already is giving something
(feedback) to the community.  Since an application has the chance to be
distributed with one less bug, user's acceptance is probably a little
bit higher.

Giving something to you - feel free to use one of the LaTeX or MetaPost
packages I've written, read the MetaPost manual where I'm a co-author or
ask LaTeX or MetaPost related questions on some LaTeX related newsgroup
or list.  I'd be happy to give some assistance.

As for Git, since I don't speak Perl and I'm not fluent in C I guess I
can't help much on that front.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig