Subject: Re: [PATCH] Teach remote machinery about remotes.default config variable

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:25:27 -0500

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> There's got to be a way to fix this _without_ affecting other users.
>
> Ciao,
> Dscho
>
>
>   
I believe the only normally visible change from my proposal is that   
git-submodule update will follow top-level's branch from 
branch.<name>.remote, which is a good thing. The other changes are only 
visible if using clone -o or otherwise explicitly asking that "origin" 
not be used or defined, which again is actually following the user's 
request.

If you know of other effects, please explain them.

Mark