Subject: Re: I don't want the .git directory next to my code.

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:07:22 -0500

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>>>>>> "Mike" == Mike  <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> 
> Sounds like you need an installer... something that copies your repo into the
> live location with things you don't want included left out, and all the
> permissions and ownership correct.

If you mean copying files from the development webserver to the live 
server, then the only reason we'd need an installer is because of the 
.git directory, it's the only thing we "don't want included".  And as 
for permissions and ownership, rsync takes care of that.

> git archive --help

I got:

$ git archive --help
No manual entry for git-archive

Did I install it wrong?  I have CentOS 5, and I did:

su
yum install git

thanks,
m