Subject: Re: Be more careful about updating refs

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:41:00 +0100

Charles Bailey schrieb:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:52:23AM +0100, Johannes Sixt wrote:
>> I observed the same (on Windows). The reason is that above-mentioned
>> commit introduces a call to parse_objects(). But by the time that
>> fast-import calls write_ref_sha1() (and, hence, this new parse_objects())
>> it has not yet written a pack file, and parse_objects() fails. I don't
>> have a clue how to fix this short of reverting the commit.
>>
> 
> OK, so it's not just Mac OS X, then.  From your description and my
> initial poke at the code,  I can't immediately see a good reason why
> the test should succeed on Linux, though.

My analysis is not correct. The pack file is present, but it seems to be
incomplete.

The reason is the NO_MMAP build flag. If you compile with
NO_MMAP=YesPlease on Linux, t9301 fails as well. Does this ring a bell?

-- Hannes