Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-send-email.perl: check for lines longer than 998 characters

From: Adam Piatyszek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:21:35 +0100

* Jeff King [20 I 2008 23:53]:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 11:35:14PM +0100, Adam Piatyszek wrote:
> 
>> I support this idea. "git-format-patch --attach" is a good place to  
>> implement such an additional encoding. Of course, git-mailinfo needs to  
>> be extended with a decoding method as well.
> 
> I think mailinfo already does support qp, but I haven't tested it (see
> builtin-mailinfo.c:decode_q_segment).

You are right. I've just tested it and it works fine when 
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable" is declared in the header 
part of the email. So only the git-format-patch needs some extension for 
optional QP encoding.

BR,
/Adam

-- 
.:.  Adam Piatyszek (ediap)  .:.....................................:.
.:.  [email-masked]  .:................................:.