Subject: Re: git-cvsexportcommit and commit date

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:50:45 +1300

Derek Mahar wrote:
> When committing a commit to CVS, does git-cvsexportcommit apply the Git 
> commit date to each new revision of every file in the CVS repository that 
> the commit touches?

It can't - CVS does not let you tell the server a commit timestamp.
It'll be the server's notion of "now" - so pray NTPd is in place and
running correctly.

git@vger CC'd as this is worth mentioning ;-)

cheers,

m

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
NZ: +64(4)916-7224    MOB: +64(21)364-017    UK: 0845 868 5733 ext 7224
      Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------