Subject: Re: git-cvsexportcommit and commit date

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 08:51:52 +1300

Derek Mahar wrote:
> Thank you.  You've pointed out another good reason to dislike (or 
> despise?) CVS.  I feel very unfortunate that I must still use CVS.  Makes 
> me even miss Perforce.  git-cvsexportcommit certainly helps, but the fact 
> that it cannot require CVS to preserve the original Git timestamps means 
> that in order to make the commit times between Git and CVS roughly the 
> same, I'll have to commit to both Git an CVS at the same time.  Is this 
> how you usually work with git-cvsexportcommit?

I just don't worry about the timestamps ;-)

I normally track the Moodle CVS tree, and do all my "new feature" and
"client customization" branches in git. The feature branches I rebase
aggressively, until they are ready to be "landed" in CVS. It is in that
"landing in cvs" that I use cvsexportcommit, usually with a long list of
commits!

cheers,

m
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
NZ: +64(4)916-7224    MOB: +64(21)364-017    UK: 0845 868 5733 ext 7224
      Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------