Subject: All I wanted was git-fast-export

From: Paul Gardiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:27:17 +0000

With your kind help, I've been able to convert a cvs repository
to git, but the last several years commits start with a line
saying "Summary;" :-(  I thought it might not be hard to put
a filter between git-fast-export and git-fast-import to sort
it out. Turns out though SuSE 10.3 has an old version of git
with git-fast-export missing.

I thought I'd try building git-1.5.4-1.src.rpm. Resolved most
of the dependencies, but I'm stuck with expat-devel and
perl(Error).

I installed Error-0.17012, but that seems to be the wrong
perl(Error). Anybody know where I can find the correct one?

SuSE 10.3 seems to have expat, but not expat-devel. I've
found expat-devel-2.0.1-4.i386.rpm, but that needs
expat-2.0.1-4, and SuSE 10.3 has expat-2.0.1-24. I can't
find expat-devel-2.0.1.24 anywhere.

I could, I guess, replace my current expat-2.0.1-24 with
expat-2.0.1-4, but I don't know how to check my systems
dependencies up front to see if that would be safe.

Any ideas, anyone?

P.