Subject: Re: [PATCH] RFC: git lazy clone proof-of-concept

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:13:59 +0100

Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Jon Smirl wrote:
> 
>> There are some patches for making repack work multi-core. Not sure if
>> they made it into the main git tree yet.
> 
> Yes, they are.  You need to compile with"make THREADED_DELTA_SEARCH=yes" 
> or add THREADED_DELTA_SEARCH=yes into config.mak for it to be enabled 
> though.  Then you have to set the pack.threads configuration variable 
> appropriately to use it.
> 

I sent a patch to get it to auto-detect multi-core machines, but I see
now that it was commented upon for finalization (by Nicolas, actually)
and I must have missed that, thinking it had been applied because I got
an accidental merge in my own tree.

As such, I've been using that patch the last several months without
problems. I'll rework them as per Nicolas' suggestions and resend.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231