Subject: Re: [offtopic?] xdelta patch format wrapper

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:53:11 +1300

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> > FWIW I just checked.  In msysGit, git-apply.exe and git-diff.exe are
> > identical (no mystery there: they are both builtins), and weigh in with
> > 2893142 bytes.

Hmmm. I thought they depended on msys infrastructure. Can I trivially
compile a statically linked git-diff.exe and git-apply.exe and expect
them to just work? How large would they be then?

msysGIT is *excellent* to get a full GIT install for development
purposes. The requirements in this case are different...

cheers,

m
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
NZ: +64(4)916-7224    MOB: +64(21)364-017    UK: 0845 868 5733 ext 7224
      Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------