Subject: Re: [GIT-P4] usage under Windows

From: Marius Storm-Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:54:36 +0100

Maxim Gordienko wrote:
> Thank you, Marius for detailed instructions!
> Now everything except submitting back to perforce works like a charm.
> Perforce complains about git-p4 checkout is not under it's root
> 
> Synchronizing p4 checkout...
> executing p4 sync ...
> Path 'c:/tmp/p42/main\...' is not under client's root 'c:\p4'.
> 
> if I move checkout under perforce root git-p4 unable to create patch.
> Have you encounter such errors?

Not that I recall..
However, it seems like you are using an older version of git-p4, so try 
just grabbing the latest one 
(http://repo.or.cz/w/git.git?a=blob_plain;f=contrib/fast-import/git-p4;hb=maint) 
and see if that helps you. If it doesn't work maybe you can tell me what 
your p4 client spec looks like?

--
.marius