Subject: Git and git-svn question.

From: Bosko Ivanisevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:53:00 +0100

My company uses SVN and I have to work on the code from two offices. 
Since SVN is far away from git in branching I've decided to set up git 
repository as a mirror of company's SVN repo, which I would use as 
intermediate repository for my code:

git svn clone -t tags -b branches -T trunk 
svn+ssh://company_server/path_to_svn_repo --prefix=company/

Since I just started to use git I wonder if anyone can give me any hint
what is the best way to accomplish following tasks with git:

- In office 1 and office 2 I clone git repository that is a mirror of SVN:
   git clone ssh://company_server/path_to_git_repo

- I start new feature in office 1 based on the trunk version of SVN:
   git checkout -b new-feature company/trunk
	
- Work on this feature is not finished and, after few commits to the 
local 'new-feature' branch, I have to move to office 2.

- From office 1 I push local branch 'new-feature' to the git repository 
on company server.

- In office 2 pull changes and continue to work on 'new-feature' branch 
created from office 1.
	
- Commit everything in the git repository on company's server.

- Finally commit everything to the SVN repository.