Subject: Re: "make test" fails if /path/to/git.git contains spaces

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:29:58 +0200

Bryan Donlan schrieb:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Adam Roben <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>  Do we want to support having spaces in your path? It doesn't seem hard
>>  to fix, but it does seem like the kind of problem that will come up over
>>  and over again if only a very small set of people have this configuration.
> 
> Turns out that while trying to fix the tests, I've found that
> git-rebase doesn't like a $VISUAL having spaces, so perhaps this
> should be tested more often :) Or should we just require $VISUAL have
> no spaces?
> 
> I'll send a patch once I've got everything passing.

There was an attempt in the past to make this working. Please look at this
(rather lengthy) thread, in particular, my critique on the patches that
were submitted:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/60544

I really would not like to see the same issues that I took the time to
comment on to show up again.

-- Hannes