Subject: [PATCH] core-tutorial.txt: Fix showing the current behaviour.

From: Carlos Rica <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 02:08:23 +0200

The --root option from "git diff-tree" won't do nothing
when is given to commands like git-whatchanged or git-log,
because those always print the initial commit by default.

This fixes the tutorial explaining the function of the
log.showroot configuration variable.

Signed-off-by: Carlos Rica <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/core-tutorial.txt |   12 ++++++------
 1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/core-tutorial.txt b/Documentation/core-tutorial.txt
index aa40dfd..5a55312 100644
--- a/Documentation/core-tutorial.txt
+++ b/Documentation/core-tutorial.txt
@@ -535,18 +535,18 @@ with the associated patches use the more complex (and much more
 powerful)

 ----------------
-$ git-whatchanged -p --root
+$ git-whatchanged -p
 ----------------

 and you will see exactly what has changed in the repository over its
 short history.

 [NOTE]
-The `\--root` flag is a flag to `git-diff-tree` to tell it to
-show the initial aka 'root' commit too. Normally you'd probably not
-want to see the initial import diff, but since the tutorial project
-was started from scratch and is so small, we use it to make the result
-a bit more interesting.
+When using the above two commands, the initial commit will be shown.
+If this is a problem because it is huge, you can hide it by setting
+the log.showroot configuration variable to false. Having this, you
+can still show it for each command just adding the `\--root` option,
+which is a flag for `git-diff-tree` accepted by both commands.

 With that, you should now be having some inkling of what git does, and
 can explore on your own.
-- 
1.5.3.4