Subject: Maintaining commit.template config through clones

From: Toby Corkindale <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:47:32 +1000

Hi,
I'm attempting to implement Git at our company, and we currently use a 
commit template for CVS. I can convert this to a Git-formatted template, 
and set it for use with git-config commit.template ....

However, once the repository is cloned, this configuration option 
vanishes from .git/config

Is there a way to make configuration options sticky?

thanks,
Toby

-- 
Toby Corkindale
Software developer
w: www.rea-group.com
REA Group refers to realestate.com.au Ltd (ASX:REA)

Warning - This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us
immediately on (61 3) 9897 1121 or by reply email to the sender. You
must destroy the e-mail immediately and not use, copy, distribute or
disclose the contents.