Subject: Re: Maintaining commit.template config through clones

From: Toby Corkindale <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:45:32 +1000

Johannes Sixt wrote:
> Toby Corkindale schrieb:
>> I'm attempting to implement Git at our company, and we currently use a
>> commit template for CVS. I can convert this to a Git-formatted template,
>> and set it for use with git-config commit.template ....
>>
>> However, once the repository is cloned, this configuration option
>> vanishes from .git/config
>>
>> Is there a way to make configuration options sticky?
> 
> Create or edit $prefix/share/git-core/templates/config.

Thanks.
Will that keep the commit-template propagated even when the repo is 
cloned from another machine? (ie. using git: or ssh: methods)

tjc.

-- 
Toby Corkindale
Software developer
w: www.rea-group.com
REA Group refers to realestate.com.au Ltd (ASX:REA)

Warning - This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us
immediately on (61 3) 9897 1121 or by reply email to the sender. You
must destroy the e-mail immediately and not use, copy, distribute or
disclose the contents.