Subject: Re: [PATCH resend] make "git push" update origin and mirrors, "git push --mirror" update mirrors

From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:24:38 +0200

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> 
>> I'm preparing a patch that has "git fetch" fetch from all remotes (same 
>> as "git remote update" with no groups defined)
> 
> Funny, I would think that this functionality belongs into git-remote 
> instead of git-fetch.

Maybe, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result.  It would take more 
effort than that to add all the functionality within "git remote 
update", and my patch series removes most of the magic associated with 
"origin".

> Especially since it would be possible to reuse the 
> code you referred to...

I checked and there's not much to reuse, since we don't care about 
groups or anything else.

Stay tuned -- I'm looking forward to any criticism.

Paolo