Subject: [PATCH] mergetool: Make ECMerge use the settings as specified by the user in the GUI

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:53:56 +0200

When run from the command line, ECMerge does not automatically use the same
settings for a merge / diff that it would use when starting the GUI and loading
files manually. In the first case the built-in factory defaults would be used,
while in the second case the settings the user has specified in the GUI would
be used, which can be misleading. Specifying the "--default" command line
option changes this behavior so that always the user specfified GUI settings
are used.

Signed-off-by: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
---
 git-mergetool.sh |    4 ++--
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/git-mergetool.sh b/git-mergetool.sh
index 5c86f69..fcdec4a 100755
--- a/git-mergetool.sh
+++ b/git-mergetool.sh
@@ -237,9 +237,9 @@ merge_file () {
 	ecmerge)
 	    touch "$BACKUP"
 	    if base_present; then
-		"$merge_tool_path" "$BASE" "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" --mode=merge3 --to="$MERGED"
+		"$merge_tool_path" "$BASE" "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" --default --mode=merge3 --to="$MERGED"
 	    else
-		"$merge_tool_path" "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" --mode=merge2 --to="$MERGED"
+		"$merge_tool_path" "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" --default --mode=merge2 --to="$MERGED"
 	    fi
 	    check_unchanged
 	    ;;
-- 
1.5.5.GIT