Subject: Re: merge renamed files/directories?

From: Ittay Dror <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 19:32:23 +0300

Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
>  - If they are hard to understand and see, and *unexpected*. The SCM
>    should explain what is going on, and explain why a conflict happens 
>    (and that may perhaps mean after-the fact! I love "gitk --merge" 
>    exactly because it tends to be very good at explaining what was going 
>    on!).
>
>   
So does git tell me what is going on with directory renames? Or should I 
just discover them when I try to compile (assuming that when the old 
directory name appears it will even get compiled, and that the file in 
it is something that gets compiled)

And no, it's not a common problem, but I don't like the fact that a 
merge conflict happens and the SCM doesn't tell me about it.

-- 
Ittay Dror <[email-masked]>
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>
Tikal Project <http://tikal.sourceforge.net>