Subject: [egit / jgit] Implementation of a file tree iteration using ignore rules.

From: Florian Köberle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 15:20:08 +0200

Hi

I like the idea of a Java implementation of git and would like to
contribute to the jgit/egit project.

In order to get familiar with the code I started to implement a command
like tool which works like git using the jgit library. I implemented
very simple versions of the commands "help", "init" and finally wanted
to implement the "add" command. However, I didn't find any tools to
determine the files which should be added.

So I implemented a factory which returns an Iterable<File> for the
iteration over all the files in a directory.

For an example see the unit test testRealisticExample() in the class
FileIterableFactoryForAddCommandTest:
http://repo.or.cz/w/egit/florian.git?a=blob;f=org.spearce.jgit.test/tst/org/spearce/jgit/lib/fileiteration/FileIterableFactoryForAddCommandTest.java;h=d3c78f4422c708f26ccb56434053bb711fa3116b;hb=669fd814d34e2f989b5f8eedbcb0d5bcf9743ce7

You can view the patches online at:
http://repo.or.cz/w/egit/florian.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mailinglist-patches-0

I signed all patches and formatted them with the code formatter as I
should. It's ok for me to put the patches under a dual license between a
3-clause BSD and the EPL[*3*]. Currently all files have a GPL 2 notice.
I hope that is ok.

If you want I will send the patches to the mailing list, but I don't
know any automated way to create all the emails. I am not even sure if I
will get them formatted correctly with Thunderbird 2. It would be cool
if you could tell me how to send patches via command line.

I hope you like my patches,
Florian Koeberle