Subject: Confused about recovering from a merge conflict

From: "D. Stuart Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:59:14 -0400

I've made some local modifications and want to 'git svn dcommit' them so
I 'git svn rebase' first:

 $ git svn rebase
 First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
 HEAD is now at cdef7ac Cleanup of new assignment screens
 Applying Cleanup new assignment screens
 error: tool/src/webapp/content/css/thickbox.css: does not match index
 error: patch failed:
tool/src/webapp/content/templates/newassignment1.html:6
 error: tool/src/webapp/content/templates/newassignment1.html: patch
does not apply
 Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
 Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
 error: Entry 'tool/src/webapp/content/css/thickbox.css' not uptodate.
Cannot merge.
 fatal: merging of trees aa2dad90c89e9063f2a8002e4b5a11f6b1583955 and
6535ebaaebf
 fdaadd44a93bc1fc4a66a5ec4dcf4 failed
 Failed to merge in the changes.
 Patch failed at 0001.

 When you have resolved this problem run "git rebase --continue".
 If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git rebase --skip".
 To restore the original branch and stop rebasing run "git rebase --abort".

 rebase refs/remotes/iteration_5: command returned error: 1

Uh-oh, now I appear to be on 'no branch' and the contents of
thickbox.css aren't marked up with the conflict markers, it appears to
just be the old file without my revisions.  Did I do something wrong?
How do I recover from this state?

-- 
D. Stuart Freeman
Georgia Institute of Technology