Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] Add support for GIT_CEILING_DIRS

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:03:20 +0200

Johannes Schindelin schrieb:
> On Thu, 15 May 2008, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
>> David Reiss <[email-masked]> writes:
>> How well would this colon separated list work with msys folks?
> 
> Not well at all.  At least for the moment, I think setting this variable 
> would fail (since it would be rewritten into a Windows-PATH-style string).  
> Though honestly, I have no idea what getcwd() does on MinGW.

We would have to use ';' instead of ':' in longest_prefix(). Then it will
work automatically. Except that it does not ignore case in path names and
drive letters. Hence, the user must set this environment variable to the
precise path name(s).

> Steffen is working on that rewriting stuff, so maybe it will be a 
> non-issue, eventually.

This will not matter. When we change the code to use is_path_separator()
instead of hard-coded c == ':', then it will work automatically. We do
that already for GIT_ALTERNATE_OBJECT_DIRECTORIES.

-- Hannes