Subject: Re: [PATCH] perl/Git.pm: add rev_parse method

From: Lea Wiemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:03:15 +0200

I wrote:
> [Commit:] The rev_parse method translates a revision name to a SHA1 hash, like
> the git-rev-parse command.

Oh, here's one problem: I'll probably do a lot of changes to Git.pm, and 
it might be handy for me to be able to change my own methods later.   I 
definitely wouldn't like to see Git.pm end up in some release while I'm 
in the middle of a major refactoring.

Should I perhaps stay on my branch with these changes, and then merge 
when it has stabilized (in 1-3 months)?

One thing I'd be concerned about is that I might introduce fundamental 
issues in my API, since I'm neither a Git nor a Perl expert (yet ^^). 
What's the best way to avoid discovering such issues only at the Big 
Merge?  Is there anyone who'd be willing to monitor my commits and give 
me feedback on a semi-continuous basis?

(I'm working on this more-or-less fulltime as part of a Google Summer of 
Code project.)

Best,

     Lea