Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid errors from git-rev-parse in gitweb blame

From: Lea Wiemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 02:39:58 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> And snapshots [and blob_plain].  We certainly want to stream snapshots, as
> they can be quite large.

Yup.  I suppose that those need to be cached on disk rather than in 
memory, so they need a separate cache.

> [Parents in blame output:]
> It perhaps makes no difference performance wise (solution with
> "git rev-list --parents --no-walk" has one fork more), but it might
> make code unnecessarily more complicated.

A few lines.  *shrugs*  Probably actually easier than adding stuff to 
git-blame's output, but I won't argue against the latter if you want it.

> use AJAX together with "git blame --incremental" to reduce latency.
> It was done by having JavaScript check if browser is AJAX-capable,

Unfortunately there is no such check (and I doubt it's doable without 
cookie or redirect trickery) -- you'll find that the blames on 
repo.or.cz don't work without JavaScript.

-- Lea