Subject: Re: [PATCH] remote show: fix the -n option

From: Olivier Marin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:43:47 +0200

Olivier Marin a écrit :
> Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
> 
>> I would not like to remove the got_states.  I think this is the wrong 
>> direction.  Rather change the die() into a return error().
> 
> OK, I will try that.
> 

After reading some more code, I can say that changing die() in return
error() won't change anything here because, in get_ref_states() we only
die() if get_fetch_map() return an error. But guess what, get_fetch_map()
never return an error. It just die() or return 0. And I can't change it
without breaking "clone" and "fetch".

So, what I think is:

  Those changes are not in the scope of my patch. I can provide an other
  one for that, if you really care about. But IMHO it's not a problem to
  die(). Maybe we can simply remove the if () die().

  I will send a v2 patch with the changes we both agree.

Olivier.