Subject: [JGIT PATCH v4] Implementation of fnmatch and the ignore rules

From: Florian Köberle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:30:34 +0200

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, the new patches are available here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/egit/florian.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mailinglist-patches-4

I will send them as a reply to this email soon.

The most noticeable change is that I improved the fnmatch functionality.

All character classes of the type [:class:] work now.
Other character classes, including the character classes [=class=] and
[.class.] will cause a InvalidPatternException. The last two aren't
supported at my bash neighter, but are defined in the POSIX standard.

Two other implementation differences are:

The bash shell doesn't support the full range of digits, but my
implementatiton does. e.g. ۹ (U+06F9 EXTENDED ARABIC-INDIC DIGIT NINE)

A pattern like [[:] results in a InvalidPatternException in my
implementation. The shell has there a strange behavior: if the files "["
and ":" exists then "ls [[:]" shows only ":".

The other main change is that I introduced a AbstractTestCase class
which which offers functionality to create temporary folders.
RepositoryTestCase extends now from this new class.

An other patch reducing the duplication between AbstractTestCase and
RepositoryTestCase class will follow soon, if you like the change.

I also updated all license statements to the 3-clause BSD.

Even if you don't like the last change (the AbstractTestCase change) it
would be cool if you would accept at least some patches.

Best regards,
Florian