Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-svn: follow revisions of svm-mirrored repositories

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:30:29 +1200

João Abecasis wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> When using an svk mirror repository as the source for git-svn,
> find-rev and rebase don't work.
> 
> find-rev takes a while, while it traverses and processes commit logs
> for the branch, and ultimately fails with the error message: "Unable
> to determine upstream SVN information from git-svn history". This
> happens because find-rev doesn't relate information in the commit
> messages to the internal svm-source revision maps.
> 
> Similarly, rebase is faster but still exits with the message "Unable
> to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history".
> 
> The attached patch fixes a couple of underlying issues to get at least
> these two commands working. AFAICT it still works well with plain svn
> repositories.
> 
> Can this be merged upstream? Any comments are welcome.

Can you give an approximate series of commands that led to this not
working?  Just to clarify what happened.  Ideally, it would be a test
case; see if you can add it to the existing SVM test case.  In fact this
might be a regression compared to the original support, due to lack of
tests - in which case it would be good to fix this "for good".

Also, please try to send your patches inline if possible, or at least
try to get them to be Content-Disposition: inline, it makes review
easier for casual list subscribers.

Thanks,
Sam.