Subject: Re: Newbie question about making a bare repository

From: "D. Stuart Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:53:06 -0400

D. Stuart Freeman wrote:
> I have a repository that I made with 'git-svn clone' that I'd like to
> make bare but retain the svn info.  Would I just change the "bare" in
> .git/config to true?  Is there anything I have to do to remove the
> working copy info?
> 
> I plan to do this so that a co-worker and I can clone the git repo, and
> push our changes back to it, and maintain the "proxy" to svn from that
> central location.
> 

I think I've found a flaw in my plan.  Now that the repo is bare I can't
get any changes from upstream.  I run 'git --bare svn fetch' and that
works, but then I have no way to rebase those changes into a local
branch because I don't have a working copy.  Is there a way to see a
remote repo's remotes, and merge/rebase from there?

-- 
D. Stuart Freeman
Georgia Institute of Technology