Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] gitweb: Extend project_index file format by project description

From: Lea Wiemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:29:58 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> This is an RFC mainly because I don't know if it wouldn't conflict
> with Lea Wiemann work on adding caching support to gitweb;

If you're talking about merge conflicts, it applies fine on my current 
working copy.  (There's trailing whitespace on the "@pr_info =" line, by 
the way.)

> The goal is to first, improve performance; and second, to be possible
> to have single place for all info (well, amost all info) needed to
> generate projects list.

I'm not sure if I understand your objective correctly.  If this is 
exclusively about performance, may I suggest you wait with this till I 
have implemented caching?  Regenerating the project list might end up 
being fast enough that it won't matter at all; so no reason to 
complicate the code.

If it's about the convenience of maintaining project descriptions in a 
central place, sure, that's fine.

-- Lea