Subject: Re: [PATCH v6] gitweb: add test suite with Test::WWW::Mechanize::CGI

From: Lea Wiemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 04:01:19 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Although I guess it would be nice to have link to the ticket to the bug
> (report) in WWW::Mechanize::CGI, so we could use cgi_application()
> "again" if it gets fixed...

Sure, I've added a link to 
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=36654 for completeness, though 
we won't be able to use it if it gets fixed, since we can't break 
compatibility to older versions.  Btw, you may want to add a reply to 
the bug report (if that's possible -- haven't used CPAN's ticket system 
before) that "system $application $application" would be a better 
solution, since it doesn't suffer from quoting issues.

>> Right -- here's my new version (which still fails if the feeds die or 
>> are not well-formed XML -- I'll want that when I change gitweb):
>>
>> [snip code]
> 
> Does it make t9503-gitweb.Mechanize.sh fail?

No, my point was that it will fail *in case* it breaks (which is good). 
  Putting everything into a TODO block would silently ignore issues with 
the feeds.

>>>> +GITPERL=${GITPERL:-perl}
>>>> +export GITPERL

Breaking the indecisiveness, I've ripped it out. ;-)  We can still test 
gitweb under different Perl versions by make'ing it with different 
PERL_PATHs, so I think it'll be fine.

-- Lea