Subject: Re: gitwiki/EclipsePlugin

From: M <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 02:27:11 +0200

Hi Robin,
first of all thanks for opening git to the eclipse users.

Robin Rosenberg schrieb:
| onsdagen den 25 juni 2008 18.34.06 skrev M:
|> Hi list,
|> I felt quite helpless when trying to get egit running as neither
|> http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/EclipsePlugin nor the README/INSTALL aren't
|> overly verbose.
|>
|> I put the idiot-proof recipe on
|> http://wiki.jcurl.org/index.php5?title=GitSvn#Eclipse_Plugin - maybe you
|> can weave it into either wiki or INSTALL?
|
| You mean they *are* overly verbose?

No, that's in fact a typo of mine. They are not overly verbose.

| Our INSTALL has a lot more details than your wiki,

Yes, surely. I didn't aim to best your wiki page (as it's THE opening
reference within my notes).

| so I'm not sure I understand your problem.

As I had never compiled or packaged an eclipse plugin before, I had my
trouble finding the relevant export and options. (Right-click, bla, and
so on).

Felt like a complete idiot at first glance. Which bothers neither you
nor me, but I almost dropped it. And that would have bothered me, so I
scratched that itch further and just recorded the successful "scratch" -
the recipe.

| ) 7: uncheck all *.test projects
| 	not important

the better.

| ) 10: restart eclipse with parameter -clean
| 	probably a good idea, though I have never needed it

fine if it does without -clean.

| We're going to set up an official update site in the not too distant
future.

That's great!

If you find the recipe (except steps 7 and 10) useful, put it into
INSTALL or the wiki page, otherwise forget about it.

Greetings,
	Marcus

P.S.: Thanks for the lightning-fast reply.