Subject: Re: perl t9700 failures?

From: Lea Wiemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 00:56:15 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> +perl -MTest::More -e 0 2>/dev/null || {
> +	say skip "Perl Test::More unavailable, skipping test"

That looks fine -- the git scripts that use Git.pm are still tested
separately, so even if this test is skipped, Git.pm can be assumed to
not be broken.

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> +perl -MTest::More -e '' >/dev/null 2>&1 || {
> [...]
> +perl -e 'use 5.006002;' >/dev/null 2>&1 || {

I don't think checking for 5.6.2 (which is the version in which
Test::More was added) is actually necessary.  If someone installs
Test::More on an older Perl version, we might as well run the tests --
apparently Git.pm works even with older versions, since
t3701-add-interactive.sh seems to work fine for Linus.

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> And given that I _actively_  warned [...] I
> am actually a little pleased

Johannes, I'd actually be a little pleased if you either

- stop "actively warning" and start actively sending patches, or
- spare the list (and in particular, my mailbox) your whining.

TIA.