Subject: Re: [KORG] Master downtime

From: "J.H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:10:23 -0700

Hey all,

Sorry about the delay grub decided to be 'helpful' which delayed me a
bit.  Anyway the system is up, it's finishing up grabbing all of the
updates but it should be in a reasonably usable state.  So if you don't
mind getting kicked off for 10 minutes more sometime later this evening,
to reboot into the latest kernel, master is open for business.

Git has already been reported as non-functioning and that is being
looked into.  If you have further problems, report them on the
kernel.org admin IRC channel, or e-mail ftpadmin.

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Chief Kernel.org Admin

J.H. wrote:
| Just a heads up the downtime is running a hair long, be about another
| half hour.
|
| - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
| Chief Kernel.org Admin
|
| J.H. wrote:
| | Afternoon everyone,
| |
| | Just a quick heads up we are going to be taking master down for hardware
| | and software upgrades tomorrow, Thursday July 3rd 2008 at 15:00 UTC.
| | During this time all back-end services, including wiki's, ssh and
| | userweb to name a few things.
| |
| | The hardware portion of the upgrade should be complete within an hour,
| | and the software upgrades will likely take another hour or two - though
| | even when master comes back up expect intermittent service for a few
| | hours after that while we deal with things.  Likely ETA for all work
| | completed is Friday July 4th 2008 at 00:00 UTC.  If there are
| | complications, I will kick another e-mail off with updates.
| |
| | If you have any questions, comments or concerns please don't hesitate to
| | get ahold of me.
| |
| | - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
| | Chief Kernel.org Admin
- --
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html