Subject: Re: [GSoC] What is status of Git's Google Summer of Code 2008 projects?

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:24:10 +1200

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> 1. GitTorrent (???)
>
> Student: Joshua Roys
> Mentor: Sam Vilain
>
> There was short thread of me asking about project
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/83611
> where I got gittorrent mailing list (no activity at least according to 
> list archive http://lists.utsl.gen.nz/pipermail/gittorrent/) and URL 
> for project repo / gitweb... which is currently down, so I cannot check 
> if there is anything here.
>
> What is the status of this project, please?
>
> http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001134.html ("Don't Got Dark")
>   

Hi, thanks for your interest.  I don't know when it was you checked - it 
may have been during a brief network outage our admins needed to do 
(unfortunately utsl.gen.nz is on a grace-and-favour service arrangement 
with its hosts, Catalyst), but the gitweb 
(http://utsl.gen.nz/gitweb/?p=VCS-Git-Torrent) is currently running, and 
I hope you can see the current activity.

I announced before that I would be sending an update shortly after the 
mid-term deadline, and I still plan on doing this.  Please be patient 
and wait until that happens in a week or so.

Cheers,
Sam.