Subject: Re: Errors importing Apache Synapse SVN using Git

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:54:55 +0200

Asankha C. Perera venit, vidit, dixit 10.07.2008 14:01:
> Hi All
> 
> I am an Apache Synapse developer, and want to import the Synapse SVN 
> repo into Git, so that Ohloh can properly get the Synapse history 
> (http://www.ohloh.net/topics/1326?page=1#post_6287)
> 
> However, when I try the command: "git svn clone --trunk=trunk 
> --tags=tags --branches=branches http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse" 
> it seems to take forever, (or at least until the next network glitch), 
> and keeps filling up a file with just plain zeros ("0") : 
> ./.git/svn/trunk/.rev_db.13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

Okay, besides the zero offset, there seems to be big problem with the 
svn repo:

svn list -r 234478 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse
branches/
site/
tags/
trunk/

svn list -r 234478 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf|grep synapse

Right, nothing returned.

git-svn insists on using http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf as the base 
URL, which is basically correct, but doesn't work for this repo.

Even editing .git/config and .git/svn/metadata (after git svn init, 
befire the first fetch) to change the url doesn't help. git svn still 
uses .../asf. Is this as intended? cc'ing the git svn author.

Michael