Subject: Re: MSysGit Stability

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:59:02 +0200

Joe,

> I'm going to be working with a small dev shop in the near future and
> we would like to use Git for our project.  Two of us are on Macs, but
> the other is on Windows.  I know the options are MSysGit or Git
> through cygwin.  I'm curious which is better to use and if MSysGit is
> even stable yet.  Does anyone have experience running Git on Windows?

Yes, all the time on some quite large projects and since a year now. No 
problem, quite stable. I'm using Git on Cygwin that I build myself 
almost every day. I'm also working with git-svn as many projects I'm 
working on are based on Subversion. At least Git Cygwin is a perfect 
solution on Windows.

> Any experiences you can share?  Is MSysGit ready yet or should we
> wait?

I have never used MSysGit, so I won't comment.

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595