Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk - work around stderr redirection on Cygwin

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:55:39 -0600

According to Mark Levedahl on 7/13/2008 3:53 PM:
>>>    
>>>> Cygwin is *still* shipping with antiquated Tcl 8.4.1
>>>>       
>>> Ping. This bug is in 1.5.6.x, and thus also in the current Cygwin git
>>> release: as a result, several gitk context menu items cause
>>> errors. (Let me know if I should resend the patch).

> I certainly have this patch in my tree so the folks I supply git to who 
> use Cygwin have this patch. The question of whether to maintain this out 
> of tree for the official Cygwin release is up to Eric.

Could you point me to the patch?  I need to roll the Cygwin git release of
1.5.6.3 anyway (in part because cygwin has upgraded from perl 5.8 to
5.10).  This sounds like something worth me including as a vendor patch,
if it does not get folded into the main repo.

-- 
Don't work too hard, make some time for fun as well!

Eric Blake             [email-masked]