Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rename ".dotest/" to ".git/rebase" and ".dotest-merge" to "rebase-merge"

From: Olivier Marin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:49:33 +0200

Junio C Hamano a écrit :
> Theodore Tso <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> While you have "git am" open, how about adding an "git am --abort"
>> which nukes the .dotest aka .git/rebase directory, and resets HEAD
>> back to the original position?
> 
> This does not seem to have reached the list nor its archives.  I cannot
> say I have really looked at it deeply but it may be a good starting
> point.  It needs docs ;-)

Thinking about the way "git am" works:

It tries to apply patches even on a dirty tree which makes difficult
to automatically do a "git reset --hard" with --skip or --abort and
forces the user to clean the index by hand if last patch failed with
unmerged files.

So, do some people still use "git am" with a dirty tree or will a
patch that make it work like "git rebase" be accepted?

I think users can use "git stash" and "git stash pop" today. Did I
miss something?

Note: the version that use "git sequencer" seems to work like I want
      but I do not know if it is a side effect or not.

Olivier.