Subject: [EGIT] Supported Eclipse version

From: Marek Zawirski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:57:02 +0200

This topic arose after 3.4 release. Are we dropping support for 3.2.x 
release or not?

I've recently reported some bug at eclipse.org bugzilla regarding broken 
FileDialog for 3.3.x  and it was closed, marked as resolved in 3.4 with 
comment that 3.3.x stream is finished. Actually, this bug is not 
critical, just annoying.

It just seems that eclipse.org is trying to force users to update their 
Eclipse soon after next stable release.
3.3 also added some interesting APIs, Robin mentioned it one day. I'm 
currently just touching TableViewer API and it also have some nice new 
features being available since 3.3.

Do we still have to be compatible with 3.2 release? It's about 2 years 
old, with last synchronized release/build February 2007. On the other 
hand, some commercial tools are still based upon 3.2 release.

Maybe some users (or developers) from mailing list can tell us about 
their opinion?

Marek Zawirski